This course from the American Heart Association has been updated to reflect new science based on the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
Cost: $65.00 w/ skills session
The American Heart Association’s Heartsaver® CPR w/ AED Online is a self-directed course that uses interactive lessons and videos to teach you CPR, AED and choking knowledge. This program is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs an AHA course completion card. You will learn:
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Adult choking
- Child CPR and AED use (optional)
- Infant CPR (optional)
- Child choking (optional)
- Infant choking (optional)
CPR instruction includes high-quality compressions, airway management, breathing and training on how to use a mask.
Once you begin the course, you’ll have access to the online lessons, videos, manuals and resources for two years! And you can start and stop the course at your convenience until you have finished it at your own pace.
Successful completion of the full Heartsaver CPR AED Course includes three (3) parts:
- Part 1: Heartsaver CPR AED online course
- Part 2: A hands-on skills practice session with an authorized AHA Heartsaver Instructor within 60 days at ABIA (with appointment)
- Part 3: A hands-on skills test with an authorized AHA Heartsaver Instructor within 60 days at ABIA (with appointment)
After you successfully complete all three parts, you will receive an AHA Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years. Skills sessions (Parts 2-3) are sold separately and must be completed within 60 days of completing the online Part 1.
Parts 2 & 3 (practice session and skill test) can be completed at ABIA Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm with an appointment. To schedule your appointment, call 330-572-1662.