Clinical Boot Camps accelerate the acquisition of key skills that translate into confidence, competency and improved patient care. Designed to reinforce cognitive and procedural learning through dynamic simulation exercises, Boot Camps offer healthcare providers the most comprehensive and immersive simulation training available.
Clinical Boot Camps provide students and healthcare professionals the crucial training needed to make a successful transition from classroom to career, or to more advanced levels of practice. Participants can gain experience in basic skills, refresh and practice previously acquired skills, or learn advanced techniques, procedures, and protocols.
ABIA created customized Boot Camps to meet training needs of all healthcare disciplines and interprofessional teams.
Examples of Procedures and Skills included in Boot Camps:
- Communication Skills
- Physical Examination and Assessment
- Interviewing Techniques
- Crisis Resource Management
- Lumbar Puncture
- Central Venous Catheterization
- IV Therepy/Insertion
- Basic/Advanced Airway Maneuvers
- Surgical Airways
- Chest Tube Placement
- Transcutaneous/Transvenous Pacing
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Procedural Sedation
- Code Blue Team Training
- Customized Procedural Training
We are committed to nurturing provider talent and improving patient outcomes through high-fidelity simulation-based education that:
- Replicated high-risk and low-frequency life-threatening situations through realistic scenarios
- Teaches both procedural skills and cognitive-based patient care, with opportunities to “bring it all together” with patient actors and simulators
- Encompasses common and uncommon presentations and procedures
- Reinforces effective communication, emergency and safe care practices
- Facilitates training, assessment and reporting of core competencies for ACGME and other accrediting bodies
Whether your training needs are standardized, or you would like a custom program, we can help. Use your own curriculum and faculty, or consult with our experienced staff and faculty to design programs that meet your specific needs.