Leading Innovation in the Biomedical Device and Materials Space
Austen BioInnovation Institute is a recognized innovation leader and its Innovative Solutions for Invention Xceleration (ISIX) method, in collaboration with The University of Akron Research Foundation (UARF), has been heralded by the U.S. Commerce Department, National Institutes of Health and National Science Foundation as one of the nation's best approaches to technology commercialization and entrepreneurship. The method works by bringing together scientists, physicians, engineers, researchers and entrepreneurs in the biomedical devices and materials space to help start-up companies and existing companies enhance business competitiveness, quality, cost-effectiveness, productivity and expand offerings to new markets.
We can help you:
- Increase the number and quality of ideas at the head of your innovation pipeline
- Provide early assessment for your idea's commercial potential
- Facilitate Proof-of-Concept prototyping
- Identify and resolve design, manufacturing or regulatory issues
- Develop appropriate commercialization and marketing plans, be it licensing or start-up
ABIA reinforces the ISIX process by incorporating experienced, effective, entrepreneurial leadership at all stages of developing technologies and companies. Each step in the Innovation Process is supported by appropriate funding sources. The outcomes of this Innovation Process include the creation of new companies and increased jobs associated with the biomedical and polymer science industries.
What We Offer
- Structured ideation and innovation management
- Market and feasibility assessment
- Comprehensive product development, prototyping and usability testing
- Integrated regulatory and business planning
- Identification of end users and distribution channels