Our BioSkills Lab features:
- 4,800 sq. ft. of laboratory space
- Lead instructor station
- Nine surgical bays with LED surgical lighting
- Microsurgery and temporal bone work stations
- Male and female showers/locker rooms with complimentary toiletries
- Complete animate and cadaveric tissue sourcing, preparation, storage and disposition
- Confidential and secure
The BioSkills Lab (visit a panoramic view) afollows strict protocols for the provision of fresh anatomical material from accredited tissue banks.
The Lab has full audio-visual capabilities and broadcasting technologies, which means practitioners at institutions across the city or across the globe can watch and interact via live feed. Our advanced Web-based learning management system with recording capabilities is also a useful tool for curriculum building, documentation, debriefing and learning.
The Akron Functional Materials Center, a partnership between Austen BioInnovation Institute and The University of Akron, offers collection of open source, high-tech tools to assist with the design, development and fabrication for human health products. Equipment for nanomaterials, complex fluids, biomaterials, adhesion, membranes and automation can be found here.
We provide a wide range of specialized medical equipment and instrumentation including:
- Minimally invasive work towers and scopes
- High-definition swing-arm and wall-mounted monitors at each station
- Multi-positional surgical tables
- Surgical instrumentation for open and minimally invasive procedures
- Sterilizer, instrument cleaner
- Personal protective equipment (hats, masks, gloves and gowns)