Who We Are
The Medical Device Development Center (MDDC) is a center where clinicians collaborate with scientists and engineers from academia and industry to produce novel life-enhancing and life-saving devices from advanced biomaterials.
What We Do
The Medical Device Development Center couples ideas with resources and expertise to create ground-breaking innovations.
The Medical Device Development Center facilitates innovation by guiding innovative concepts from idea to commercialization. The Center, working with its own capabilities and with those of its strategic partners, assists medical device innovators in:
- Business Feasibility
How We Fit
The MDDC, one of five Centers of Innovation, fits into ABIA’s structure by providing an environment where innovative ideas become engineered realities. Each of the centers has a distinct role in the innovation process, and provides idea holders with invaluable resources designed to advance innovative concepts to commercialization:
- The Center for Biomaterials and Medicine (CBMM) is a center of research excellence, where high-value clinical applications are studied and conceived.
- The MDDC advances the medical applications that are conceptualized by the CBMM by helping the inventor to design, test, and market the use of their medical innovation.
- The Center for Clinical Trials and Product Development (CCTPD) assists medical innovations through clinical and regulatory pathways, confirming product viability and marketability.
- The Center for Simulation and Integrated Healthcare Education (CSIHE) helps commercialized innovations by introducing them to the medical world through education and training.
- The Center for Community Health Improvement (CCHI) promotes health and the use of medical therapies throughout patient communities.