ABIA offers the American Heart Association's (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) courses in a convenient, self-paced and timesaving format. All required coursework can be completed in approximately half the time required for a traditional, classroom-based course.
Utilizing the American Heart Association's HeartCode products, participants can access the Part 1 cognitive online portion of HeartCode BLS or ACLS from any location where internet access is available (home, work etc.). After completing the course’s on-line educational components, learners can schedule an appointment at the ABIA facility in downtown Akron to complete the Part 2 skills test component of the course. The skills component can be completed in as little as 45 minutes.
How does the process work?
- Select your choice of ACLS or BLS below.
- Pay for the course: BLS is $65.00 and ACLS is $200.00 (PayPal account is not required).
- Check your email. You will receive an e-mail within one business day (usually the same day) with directions allowing you access to the Part 1 cognitive online portion of ACLS or BLS.
- Complete the HeartCode Part 1 cognitive portion. Successfully complete the online exam and print the certificate.
- Call ABIA and schedule an appointment at 330-572-1662 for your Part 2 Skills test. Present certificate verifying completion of Part 1 cognitive online portion, along with identification/verification of employment, to a representative at ABIA when you arrive.
- Upon completion of the skills portion Part 2, an official completion record from the American Heart Association will be issued which immediately verifies your BLS or ACLS certification. Your card will arrive shortly in the mail.